Join us for our once-a-year blitz at the 3ha ‘envirofund’ site on Five Mile Creek – just upstream of the children’s park*. Massive amounts of poplar were removed over a decade ago, with follow-up plantings of close to 4000 native plants and 21 exotic trees and the addition of granitic paths. Tasks for our March Working Bee include cutting and poisoning of gorse, blackberry and willow regrowth, plant guard removal and maintenance, whipper-snipping in plantings.
* Please note this a changed location from what is provided in our annual calendar.
- When: Sunday 26 March 2017
- Time: 9am till 12 noon
- Where: Five Mile Creek between Pyke St to Bowen St
- Parking: on site at Wood St – next to Badger Removals
- Bring: secateurs, gloves, whipper-snippers, sun protection, gumboots for creek access, suitable protective work clothing.
- Provided: Our tool trailer will be on site and morning tea is provided (please RSVP to help with catering).
Newcomers are very welcome. For further details and to RSVP contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 5427 2312.