More willow attack: Sunday 25 March 2018
Following the great turn-out at our February working bee, we are going back for more willow attack on Sunday the 25th of March! We’ll be cutting and painting regrowth downstream of the weir while water levels are low, poisoning stumps and piling prunings into future burn piles. The area is quite rough, so please wear long sleeves and pants, sturdy footwear and gloves. Closer to the track there are weeds to deal with for the less adventurous.
- When: Sunday 25 March 2018
- Time: 9am till 12 noon
- Where: Ruby Mackenzie Park
- Parking: Tennyson St or Ruby Mac Park – look for the newly painted blue trailer
- Bring: secateurs, loppers, gloves, boots; tool trailer on site
- Tasks: cutting and painting of small willows, hawthorn and blackberry
- Morning tea provided!
All welcome. For further details and to RSVP contact email@example.com.
NOTE: This event will be cancelled on a day of Total Fire Ban
Join a spotlighting survey for Greater Gliders and Powerful Owls
Come along to a spotlighting event to survey for greater gliders and powerful owls, led by UCLN Threatened Species Officer, Brad Blake. For more details and to register please contact Brad Blake at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0421823998.
- SURVEY 1: SATURDAY EVE 17TH MARCH, SALTWATER CREEK, WOMBAT FOREST.
- SURVEY 2: THURSDAY EVE 29th MARCH, COLIBAN BUSHLAND RESERVE, WOMBAT FOREST.
- SURVEY 3: SATURDAY 21ST APRIL, BALD HILL RESERVE
- SURVEY 4: SATURDAY EVE 28th APRIL, KANGAROO CREEK, WOMBAT FOREST.