Twilight Working Bee – Children’s Park
- When: Friday, 3 February 2017
- Time: 5:00–7.30pm
- Where: Children’s Park + Campaspe Park
- Parking: plenty in shady Campaspe Park (north side of creek)
- Bring: secateurs, gloves, whipper snippers
- Eat: BBQ and drinks provided
- Tasks: Spring planting maintenance including; watering, weeding, plant guard and rubbish removal, whipper snipping
Click here to download the working bee flyer. Please note this event will be cancelled if a Total Fire Ban or over 35°C. RSVP to Kate on 5427 2312 or email@example.com.
Basic First Aid and Defibrillator Training
- When: Saturday 4 February 2017
- Time: 9:30am–12pm
- Where: Woodend Neighbourhood House, Forest St
- Wear: comfortable clothes – kneeling required
- Cost: $10
- What: Basic first aid, CPR and defibrillator training
Vegetation of Quarry Road
Quarry Road is one of the best areas for viewing wildflowers in Woodend. On the 14th of November 2016, ecologist Karl Just inspected the roadside and rail reserve on the north side of Quarry Road in Woodend. The aim was to document the type and condition of the vegetation. While a detailed plant survey was not undertaken, a preliminary list of vascular plant species observed was compiled. The site contains at least two threatened species, including the endangered Eucalyptus aggregata (Black Gum) and the rare Geranium sp. 3 (Pale-flower Crane’s-bill). Last Spring the sheer number of local grassland species present was impressive. You can view Karl’s report by clicking here.
Woodend Landcare 2017 Events Calendar
Upper Campaspe Landcare Network News
Click here to view the December 2016 Upper Campaspe Landcare Network Newsletter.